WATER ON HYDROPHOBIC SURFACES: MECHANISTIC MODELING OF POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL-INDUCED PROTEIN PRECIPITATIONAuthors Steffen Großhans, Gang Wang and Jürgen Hubbuch published scientific publication entitled Water on hydrophobic surfaces: mechanistic modeling of polyethylene glycol-induced protein precipitation in journal Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering.Learn more
25.08.2018Authors Walpurga Krepper, Peter Satzer, Beate Maria Beyer and Alois Jungbauer published scientific paper entitled Temperature dependence of antibody adsorption in protein A affinity chromatography in Journal of Chromatography A.Learn more
IN-LINE FOURIER-TRANSFORM INFRARED SPECTROSCOPY AS A VERSATILE PROCESS ANALYTICAL TECHNOLOGY FOR PREPARATIVE PROTEIN CHROMATOGRAPHYAuthors Steffen Großhans, Matthias Rüdt, Adrian Sanden, Nina Brestrich, Josefine Morgenstern, Stefan Heissler, Jürgen Hubbuch published scientific publication entitled In-line Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy as a versatile process analytical technology for preparative protein chromatography in Journal of Chromatography A.Learn more
AN INTEGRATED PRECIPITATION AND ION-EXCHANGE CHROMATOGRAPHY PROCESS FOR ANTIBODY MANUFACTURING: PROCESS DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY AND CONTINUOUS CHROMATOGRAPHY EXPLORATIONAuthors Steffen Großhans, Gang Wang, Christian Fischer and Jürgen Hubbuch published scientific publication entitled An integrated precipitation and ion-exchange chromatography process for antibody manufacturing: Process development strategy and continuous chromatography exploration in Journal of Chromatography A.Learn more
09.11.2017Authors D. Burgstaller, W. Krepper, J. Haas, M. Maszelin, J. Mohoric, K. Pajnic, A. Jungbauer, P. Satzer published scientific publication entitled Continuous cell flocculation for recombinant antibody harvesting in Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology.Learn more
ROOT CAUSE INVESTIGATION OF DEVIATIONS IN PROTEIN CHROMATOGRAPHY BASED ON MECHANISTIC MODELS AND ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKSAuthors Gang Wang, Till Briskot, Tobias Hahn, Pascal Baumann and Jürgen Hubbuch published scientific publication entitled Root cause investigation of deviations in protein chromatography based on mechanistic models and artificial neural networks in Journal of Chromatography A.
- Simulations of potential process deviations based on a mechanistic model were used to construct an artificial neural network model. Experimental errors in ionic capacity and salt gradient length were imitated simultaneously to prove the practical capability of this method.
- By this approach, the time-consuming root cause investigation itself could be reduced down to milliseconds. This approach could be a building block for real-time root cause investigation in chromatography processes.
MODEL‐BASED INVESTIGATION ON THE MASS TRANSFER AND ADSORPTION MECHANISMS OF MONO‐PEGYLATED LYSOZYME IN ION‐EXCHANGE CHROMATOGRAPHYAuthors Josefine Morgenstern, Gang Wang, Pascal Baumann and Jürgen Hubbuch published scientific publication entitled Model‐Based Investigation on the Mass Transfer and Adsorption Mechanisms of Mono‐Pegylated Lysozyme in Ion‐Exchange Chromatography in Biotechnology Journal.Learn more
ESTIMATION OF ADSORPTION ISOTHERM AND MASS TRANSFER PARAMETERS IN PROTEIN CHROMATOGRAPHY USING ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKSAuthors Gang Wang, Till Briskot, Tobias Hahn, Pascal Baumann and Jürgen Hubbuch published scientific publication entitled Estimation of adsorption isotherm and mass transfer parameters in protein chromatography using artificial neural networks in Journal of Chromatography A.
- Simulations based on an uncalibrated mechanistic model were used to construct an artificial neural network model.
- The calibrated artificial neural network model was employed to predict mass transfer and adsorption isotherm parameters for three proteins.
- The predicted parameter sets were used to predict gradient elution runs, which were validated in the laboratory.
- This approach could support calibration purposes in mechanistic modeling in general.
PARALLELIZABLE MICROFLUIDIC RESISTIVE ON-LINE DETECTOR OF MICROMETRIC AGGREGATES OF BIOPHARMACEUTICAL ANTIBODIESAuthors M. Carminati, M. Giacometti, M. Sampietro, S. Chiodini, T. Doles and G. Ferrari published scientific publication entitled Parallelizable Microfluidic Resistive On-Line Detector of Micrometric Aggregates of Biopharmaceutical Antibodies in Procedia Engineering.
NEW PRODUCTION PROCESSES PROMISE TO LOWER COST OF BIOPHARMACEUTICALSDirectorate General for Research and Innovation within EU published article entitled New production processes promise to lower cost of biopharmaceuticals.